Air conditioners work hard to keep you and your family cool. However, sometimes they get into a few problems. Though we can find professional HVAC technicians, we prefer to solve them ourselves to avoid the cost. You do not need to call an HVAC technician every time you notice an issue with your air conditioner. There are a few issues that can be solved by you.
Read on to know the various problems that you can solve without calling a professional HVAC technician.
1. AC Does Not Turn On
Sometimes AC does not turn on even after you put on the switch. That is the common problem faced by many AC owners. The reason for this issue might either be a blown fuse or circuit breaker; or an improperly set thermostat.
- Provide power from the electric panel.
- Try resetting the unit.
- Replace the fuse.
- Close the blower door on the air handler.
- Check the sensor in the condensate overflow tray, which gets turned off automatically when there is an overflow of water.
The above mentioned are the few solutions you can do when your air conditioner is not turning on. If that doesn’t work, you should call an HVAC technician for AC repair in Everett, WA.
2. Reduced cooling
You might have experienced reduced cooling from your air conditioner. Various reasons lead to reduced airflow. Here are some possible solutions that solve reduced cooling and increase the airflow within your house.
- Clean/replace the filters depending on their situation.
- Close all the windows and doors to increase the cooling.
- Have a check on the whole ductwork system and repair if needed.
- Clean the outlet.
- Clean the outside condenser and remove any grass/bushes that prevent the free flow of air.
- Provide shade to the outside condenser to prevent direct contact with the sun’s rays.
The above solutions solve most cases of reduced cooling. Try any of these which you feel might be the perfect solution for your unit.
3. AC fan failure
AC fan plays a prime role in the outside unit. It sends the hot air from the house and fills your home with cool air. Sometimes the AC fan fails. Not getting it solved will lead to a bigger and costly repair, or sometimes you will have to replace the AC.
- Check the wiring of your system.
- Look for any loose component and fix it.
- Try removing the outer case and visually inspect the outdoor unit.
That is a problem that requires the help of a professional HVAC technician. In case your air conditioner has broken down and needs to be replaced, CLIMATE PRO will provide the best AC installation in Everett, WA.
Never neglect the issues caused by your AC. Though you can solve these simple issues, it is ideal to reach out to a professional HVAC technician from CLIMATE PRO. CLIMATE PRO is always ready to solve any problem with your HVAC system and make your home a better place to live. Get in touch with them today to learn more!